Hamstrings are speed generators. They are part of what I refer to as the “Big 5” power muscles.
Not all hamstrings cases are strains. The hamstrings need to be strong and flexible in order to counter the anterior forces produced by the front loaded thighs and hip flexor muscles.
Some are simply muscle pains from having tight and restricted hamstrings. So lets look in this article at some of the causes of tight hamstrings.
1. The Classic Muscle Imbalance
2. Hamstring Tension from Disc Compression
3. Tight Hamstrings from Prolonged Sitting
4. Previous Hamstrings Strain
5. Acute and Chronic Hamstrings Strain
Knowledge of the body is critical to helping you to repair your injury. If you are in hip flexion and knee extension, you’re going to really be stretching the hamstrings and likely irritating them in the process. Click to Download